Wednesday 1 July 2015

Life musings(2)


My little one exploring the big world on her own, but once she meets someone or something that she feels that is seemingly threatening to her, she will come back running to me once more. 

My child is my proudest treasure, my irreplaceable priority in life. Like all parents, I will be fiercely protective of her but I will want her to be independent on her own as well, knowing that she will be alright if I were to leave this world suddenly.

________________________________________________________

On the bus yesterday, I witnessed a teenager doing a good deed by offering her seat to the elderly who was having trouble standing on the shaky bus. Instead of commending her actions, her friends who are travelling with her, surprised me by raining her with comments like ' Wei you kena possessed is it?', 'Oh my god I am so embarassed of you'. 

I am sure that they don't meant it as a joke -_- and I am no idea why do they make comments like this. Isn't it a kind and generous act that shows well of your upbringing? Whole bus full of school students sitting down, but yet only that one student is willing to offer her seat to the ones in need, doesn't it reflect much about the humanity in our younger generation. No?

Worse still, there was a student who was asked to give up his seat. His reply was epic. 

"Ooi I got pay for the bus ride so why should I stand up."

and his friends laughed along with his response.


Rendered me speechless. Haish. Have we been teaching our students the right things?


No comments:

Post a Comment